Monday, September 05, 2005

demons are a gouls best fiend

The devil and I sat down for a drink
I had so many questions from all the time I had to think
about the way life works, or rather the way it don’t.
Do you think I’ll care that’s grammatically wrong?
Well, no. no, I won’t.

So I ask the unholy host of the netherworld if he has anything to do with art and the internet and all that, and he laughs derisively, making me feel even worse, and in a voice smoother than Mel Torme and more reassuring than a hug from someone with a soft fuzzy sweatshirt, Ol‘ Scratch says to me, “It’s retarded questions like that which cause me to marvel how cognitively simple animals like you ever figured out how to procreate and keep your worthless species alive. Do you have an extra chromosome or something?”
Then he went on to explain…

“I have nothing to do with artists and the internet. However, and see if you can follow me on this you failed abortion, the artists and internet do in fact work in my favor. Artists, the truly talented artists, the ones you aspire to be and will fail at miserably every time, they get that from, oh lets call him “the deadbeat dad.” However, the teeming masses of untalented fucks like yourself, well, you morons get all jealous, and are filled with self doubt and self hatred, and *THAT*, my useless animal, works for me. I don’t have to do anything, which gives me time to fuck your mother and grandmother in the ass…yes, your pious mother and her mother are both down with me, you‘ll see them soon. What? I would never lie to you . Anyway….

The internet…no I had nothing to do with that. You animals do most of the work for me really, I just sit back and reap the benefits. The easier it is to show unlovable refuse like you how smart and loved and revered others are, the quicker you go about trying to be something you are not, and that usually leads to me. You are never satisfied, you are never content, and the internet shows you what you are missing, and shows you how worthless you truly are. The beauty is, you think you are in some kind of competition, and you struggle to be something you are not, and you think you are missing out on something. You will try to reach that spectre of success, and in reaching, you will grab my hand. Here, let me get you another drink, ok?”

So he comes back with two fresh drinks and I ask him, “What about that guy I work with, the 25 year old whose bases his life on what he reads in MAXIM. The one with the perfect skin, perfect height, perfect set of muscles, and his buddy? They have a close friend ship, chicks dig them, guys dig them, they are living the life right now, and me? Well, anyway, I just want to know, do you have something to do with their success? It makes no sense. Forget the personal angle, what about all the stupid people who people have to work with and deal with, the dumb ones who get the kudos the ones who don't work but everyone thinks is so great? What about the idiots who have no clue yet seem to be the ones making the decisions? ”

“Look, you Special Ed dropout, I don’t. But as you should be able to see, their success works for me, even though it may be a gift from the deadbeat dad, which shows you how much he cares about you now, doesn’t it? Don’t you feel neglected? Don’t you hate the fact that those two perfect models for pro-wrestling seem to have more talent and success than you and the chicks flock to them and look at you like you are covered in vomit? Doesn’t it make your veins run with the sweet ochre of jealousy and rage? When you have the correct answer but they won’t listen to you and fuck shit up, and they are seen as doing things the right way, doesn’t that just bother you like an itch on the bottom of your foot when you are wearing thick soled boots? Well, there you go, I have nothing to do with it, and yet, it comes back to me. Do you know what I do? Do you know how you sit there, and it’s like a pimple right under the surface, you just *KNOW* you have something there, but you cant get to it, like when a pencil falls behind the desk and it is *JUST* out of reach of your fingers no matter how you scrape your arm to shove it a half millimeter farther? *THAT*, you stupid fuck , is me. So was the drunk driver who killed your father, and yes, your father sucks my dick after I fuck your mother in the ass. But as I was saying, it’s not too difficult really, I just keep it from you. As far as you know, you have nothing, I just make you *THINK* you have something that you can’t get to. Hahahah, what do you do? You get frustrated, etc etc, ad infinitum. This really bores me, you bore me, I hate you just like everyone who knows you hates you whether they say it or not to your face just know in your heart everyone hates you and suicide is an easy and quick solution. Ta.”

And he was gone. And yes, the motherfucker stiffed me with the bill.

No comments: